Secure Data Management
Use Customer Information Manager (CIM) to tokenize and store customers' sensitive payment information on our secure servers, simplifying PCI DSS compliance as well as the payments process for returning customers and recurring transactions.
Features & Benefits
CIM supports customer profiles that include billing, payment and shipping information. Each profile is stored on our secure servers and assigned an ID that is used in place of all customer information. Each customer profile can include up to 10 payment profiles and up to 100 shipping profiles.
Merchants can manage customer profiles and issue transactions manually from the Merchant Interface or through a website or other payment application. They can also review a profile’s history in the Merchant Interface.
Simplify PCI Compliance
Assist with PCI compliance and protecting customers' confidential information.
Process Recurring Transactions or Usage Charges
Bill customers different amounts or on different days each month, or only when the service is used. (e.g. utility companies or pay-as-you-go cell phones).
Store Customer Data
Provide returning customers with the convenience of not having to re-enter their personal data every time they check out.
Provide Payment Flexibility
Store multiple payment methods for repeat purchases.
Save Multiple Shipping Locations
Also save multiple shipping locations.
Hosted CIM Solution
The hosted CIM option further alleviates the scope and complexity of PCI DSS compliance. It provides a way that allows the exchange of sensitive cardholder data to happen completely on Authorize.Net’s secure servers instead of on a merchant’s. Customers can enter sensitive data directly onto Authorize.Net-hosted pages without leaving the website.
There are three ways to implement the hosted CIM solution:
- Re-direct the customer to an Authorize.Net hosted page to manage payments and shipping all on one page.
- Open the Authorize.Net hosted page in a lightbox popup on a Web page so that the customer can manage payments and shipping all within one popup.
- Use an iframe to display the Authorize.Net hosted page within a web page so that the customer can add or edit individual payment profiles and shipping addresses.
Note: More information on integrating CIM can be found in our Developer Center.
Key Selling Points
- Simplify checkout for repeat customers
- Helps merchants reduce PCI scope
- Enhances consumer experience
- Potentially increases loyalty and revenue
- Valuable for merchant segments requiring varying amounts or recurring timing
- Automate time-intensive administrative tasks